WATCH's Housing Advocacy Clinic is for tenants and landlords. Clinic staff will train you on your rights and responsibilities. We will help you walk through the process to resolve your housing problem, and refer you to additional resources as necessary, like fuel assistance, job search resources or food stamps. And after we help you fix the urgent problem you had, you are welcome to join with other WATCH members to fight for more safe and affordable housing in Waltham, by becoming involved in WATCH's organizing efforts. You can also learn more about the clinic by visiting the WATCH Housing Clinic page on the Brandeis University website.
Do you have a question? Trained advocates can help you with:
The clinic is open on:
- Landlord & Tenant Conflicts
- Threat of Eviction
- Need for Home Renovation or Weatherizaton
- Rent Increases
- Apartment Searches or Tenant Searches
- Poor Living Conditions
- Filling out Public Housing Applications or other paperwork
- General Housing Concerns
MONDAYS from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
THURSDAYS from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
24 Crescent Street, Suite 401, Waltham, MA
You can also reach us by email at
, making sure to include the details of your situation.
Housing Clinic Suggested Resources:
If you are unavailable to visit during these hours, call us at (781) 891-6689 x 203. Clearly leave your name and repeat your phone number twice. We will most likely return your call on a Monday or Thursday evening when the clinic is operating.
Housing Clinic Resources:
- Housing Clinic Rights and Responsibilities Mini Guide - this is a very basic overview of tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities. Use the links above for more detailed information on all of the topics inside. The handbook also includes information on WATCH's organizing efforts and how you can get involved (The Housing Principles, Tenant & Landlord Honor Roll, Weatherization).
- Community Resource Guide - Find services offered to residents of the Greater Boston Area. Includes resources for fuel assistance, food assistance, legal services, emergency financial assistance, tax assistance, medical services, educational services, shelters...etc.
- Craigslist Housing Search Instructions - Begin your housing search right away! Find out how to search for affordable apartments on the search engine, Craigslist. Use the email template to set up appointments with apartment advertisers.
Have an apartment you want to offer for rental?
with the subject line, Advertising Apartment. We will then post the apartment on the bulletin board in the Housing Clinic. Be sure to include all relevant information: cost, whether utilities are included, all additional amenities, as well as a contact number or email.
What it is:
WATCH's Housing Advocacy Clinic is a unique collaboration between WATCH and Brandeis University, and works closely with the Boston College Legal Assistance Bureau. It is a free twice-weekly drop-in service established at WATCH in 2007 by Brandeis Professor Laura Goldin's community engaged learning classes and staffed by trained students who are supervised by Professor Goldin and WATCH's Executive Director. Although it is designed primarily to assist with fair and safe housing issues, it is often the first point of contact and a resource for community members needing other services and resources.