WATCH's Housing Clinic is a twice weekly resource for tenants and landlords. The clinic is free, and serves clients on a walk-in basis. Spanish translation is available, and children are welcome.
Clinic staff are well-versed in a wide range of issues. Trained advocates can help you with:
- Landlord and tenant conflicts
- Threat of eviction
- Rent increases
- Apartment searches or tenant searches
- Poor living conditions
- Public housing applications or other paperwork
- General housing concerns
The clinic runs:
Mondays and Thursdays from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
24 Crescent Street, Suite 201, Waltham, MA
You can also email us. Make sure to include the details of your situation.
If you are unavailable to visit during these hours, call us at (781) 891-6689 x 203. Leave your name and repeat your phone number twice. We will most likely return your call on a Monday or Thursday evening when the clinic is operating.
Housing Clinic Suggested Resources:
- MassLegalHelp Tenants' Rights in Massachusetts: Private Housing - read about your rights and responsibilities as a tenant and/or landlord. Includes chapters on: security deposits, rents, getting repairs made, discrimination, evictions...etc.
- ABCD Handbook of Tenant/Landlord Rights and Responsibilities - Action for Boston Community Development provides a guide to assist you with your housing situation.
- Mass Housing Consumer Education Centers - provides resources for homeowners, landlords, prospective buyers, and tenants.
- DHCD Resource Locator - find a service provider and emergency assistance under different locations
Check out our extensive Community Resource Guide.
Learn about the clinic's history.
For more information on our partnership with Brandeis, or if you are at Brandeis and want to get involved, read this.