The Job & Financial Clinic Coordinator provides services for job search guidance and financial education. The Job and Financial Clinic's mission is to mentor low-income community members in fields such as goal settings, budgeting, financial management, job searches, resume writing, and interview preparation.
For more info. on WATCH's Job Clinic, click here: https://watchcdc.org/job-resources-recursos-laborales/
- Put a header at the top of your resume with your name and contact information
- Use consistent formatting for any bolded, indented, punctuated, or capitalized information
- Use a 10 to 12 point font and a professional font, like Times New Roman or Arial
- Most jobs prefer a one-page resume. Some organizations may accept a two-page resume
- Use bolded headers to organize your resume, i.e. education, skills, experience, etc.
- Use bullet points to help the reader understand your role at previous positions
- Use action verbs
- Use vivid language
- Include only the most relevant information starting with the most relevant and important information
- Correct and proofread for grammatical errors
Here is a sample resume to guide you when making your own resume.
- Research the company you are applying to.
- Have a list of references
- Review the job description you are applying for
- Come prepared with questions
Finding a Job
- Absolutely Health care (Boston)- a free online platform that provides employment resources, job workshops, and job searches in the Greater Boston area.
- All Retail Jobs (Waltham + surrounding) - a free basic guide about navigating online job search tools, job workshops, and MassHire Services.
- CollegeGrad (Waltham +surrounding) - a free online resource for college students and recent graduates to search for job openings.
- Commonwealth of MA Employment Opportunities - a free online resource that allows you to search for jobs provided by the Commonwealth in a variety of industries.
- Diversity Jobs - a free online resource that connects job searchers and employers that value diversity in the workplace. Create an account to upload a resume and save job searches.
- HireCulture - connects job seekers looking for work in a creative field to nonprofits and arts, science, and humanities organizations in Massachusetts.
- HigherEd Jobs - a free online platform that allows you to search for jobs in academia. The platform also provides resume advice, salary information, and diversity resources.
- GlassDoor - a free online platform to search for jobs and salary information.
- Indeed - a free online platform to search for jobs, career advice, and salary information.
- Jobs.com - a free online platform to search for jobs in your area.
- Metrowest Daily News - a free online platform to search for jobs in Framingham, Massachusetts and surrounding areas.
- Monster- a free online tool to search for jobs in your area and salary information.
- New Bedford Standard Times -a free online platform to search for jobs in New Bedford, Massachusetts and surrounding areas.
- Snagajob- a free online platform to search for jobs in New Bedford, Massachusetts and surrounding areas.
- Community Work Services
- MassHire Career Center - a free online platform that provides employment resources, job workshops, and job searches in the Greater Boston area.
- MassHire Resources - a free basic guide about navigating online job search tools, job workshops, and MassHire Services
- Resource for cash-based jobs - a free resource that provides tips for job searching and interviews.
- BenePLAN and Project IMPACT
- Provides personal beneﬁt counseling to people that get Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and/or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and are employed or looking for a job. This can help individuals with disabilities understand what may happen when they go to work or increase earnings.
- Visit: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/statewide-employment-services
Free Online Certificates and Classes
- Google Analytics- a free tool to analyze data about your business or website and better understand the performance of your products or services.
- HUBSpot - a free online training service for marketing, sales, and customer service.
- WATCH GED Classes - classes are held every Tuesday and Thursday evening. For more information or to register, contact Brian at email@example.com.
- Harvard Free Courses - Free online service provided by Harvard University with classes on a variety of topics.
- edX - Free online courses from top Universities ranging a variety of topics.
***CLOSED*** WATCH Work Grant
Through generous donations, WATCH CDC can provide grants for up to $500 for a one-time expense that will enable applicants to better access work opportunities. Examples: bus pass, car repair, uniform, equipment. Grants are for Waltham residents who have lost income or job access due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All information is confidential and used only by WATCH CDC to confirm eligibility for the grant. Applications will be reviewed weekly and applicants will be notified within 2 weeks.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (781) 570-4351.